Sunday, May 26, 2013

May's big achievement

No not a job, but perhaps a more significant personal achievement - I completed the Mother's Day Classic 4 km fun run in honour of my Mother Julie, and friend Carmel.

I was very touched that my dear friend from early childhood, Fiona, came and ran with me (at a much reduced pace for her).

I was slow, but steady, had fun, and felt a great sense of achievement on completion. My time was 34 mins. This from a girl who eight weeks earlier couldn't run for the bus.

 This is not (all) sweat on my front. I tipped the cup of water from the drinks station over myself. It was refreshing!
The only downside is I have hurt my knee. Not through the running but certainly made worse, and not getting a chance to repair, due to the running. Day after the fun run I was at the physio and of course they said stop the running (for now). Who would have thought it, I miss it! Knee still causing problems and still under the care of two young good looking male physiotherapists. I call it over weight middle-age woman suddenly becoming obsessed with exercise syndrome. Still managing a revised gym circuit and walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment